Applications for licensing registration as a RVT in Hawaii are available online here.
Senate Bill 2671 passed in 2016 which set the following requirements to qualify as a veterinary technician in Hawaii:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have successfully passed the Veterinary Technican National Examination
- Meets at least ONE of the following conditions:
- Has successfully completed a course of study at a program for veterinary technology accredited by the AVMA committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities;
- Be licensed, certified, or registered veterinary technician in good standing in another state having standards for registration comparable to those in this State; or
- Prior to July 1, 2021, submits a notarized document from an employer who is a licensed veterinarian and who certifies that applicant has five or more years of practical experience in Hawaii; provided that no reciprocity shall be given for practical experience gained outside of the State.
Information for licensing in Hawaii can be found on the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Professional and Vocational Licensing website. Additional information can be found at the HVTA website. Information about the VTNE can be found here.